Thursday, November 17, 2011

BACH (AEDM)


It's playtime with Bach!
... a few music sheets...


blobs of paint - in this case, only blue blobs  :-)


a thin layer of the blue paint over the music sheets...


...a quick pencil sketch of the handsome man


...added blue acrylic paint


... stamping ink 


... a few words, and  voilà - art.


It's rarely lack of time that prevents us from creating things - it's usually more about the simple act of sitting and DOING it. And it's often about letting go of the fear of being judged, or of judging ourselves. 

I don't always feel inspired or creative, but  more often than not, by the time i just sit in my chair, put on some music, light a candle, and see myself surrounded with art stuff, i'm inspired to do something. It may not be a masterpiece, but that's not the point, right? The point is to keep the creative juices flowing.

The art i make is not all good - but it's made. It's put out there. That's the point. To bring to reality something that was only a thought or a feeling a few moments before.

I hope you all find the courage, and the time, and the inspiration (and whatever else it takes) to make you sit and do something. Because if YOU don't do it, who will?





4 comments:

  1. I love that you sketched Bach on the music note background. Great job!

    This is what I like about participating in AEDM. It encourages me to post my daily creative endeavours, even though, I may not think them good enough to post. You make an excellent point, Pauline. It's not about quality, it's about the doing and enjoying exploring our creative selves.

    Happy creating,
    Serena :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lovely inspiring post today... really like the background and love that we are all getting it out there... I think I am going to miss AEDM xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a returning artist I really appreciate your sharing your processes and materials. Very inspirational!

    ReplyDelete