Friday, March 1, 2013

a bit of this and that - and music in the mix...

hello people.
Happy Friday!

(watercolor on paper)

I hesitate to post this because
i made poor John Coltrane look so angry...

The art we make is often a reflection
of how we're feeling at the time.

Obviously, a few nights ago,
i was not in my happy place. :-)

The photo i used...

I love how John Coltrane felt that music was a form of meditation.
Music is a big part of the creative process for me.

 (sharpie markers on photo paper)


This is what i'm playing with today.

Much happier, yes?


Confusing, but happier. :-)
Looks like something my son would have drawn
when he was about 5 years old. 

Picasso once said:
Every child is an artist.
The problem is how to remain an artist
once we grow up.


So i make it a point to draw whatever the hell i feel like drawing.

Sometimes it looks good, sometimes not.
But the point is: IT'S A DRAWING.



Truth bomb: Art is as important to me as the air i breathe.

And here's what i'm listening to today...
Hope it brings a smile to all your lovely faces. :-)
xox


16 comments:

  1. Pauline,
    You and your artwork rock!!
    ♥♥♥
    Happy PPF!!
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving the freedom in your art.
    Happy PPF, Annette x
    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great, free and wild sketches - and beautiful Coltrane portrait, maybe a self portrait there, too ... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'angry' is not the worst thing - it's always good to get it out and if its on paper - even better. In the photo he looks a little mad anyway. Playtime looks fun - i adore sharpie on anything too. Happy PPF !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such dexterity in your work!! Always a joy to visit and see the diversity of your art and mind!!

    You are amazing!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful artwork! It is amazing how our mood comes through in our art. Sometimes you just need to let it out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Coltrane just looks intense -- very compelling interpretation of him. It engaged me right away. The rest of your jazzy drawings are wonderful, too. Love your color and line.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know John Coltrane, but I think you have made a great portrait of him.
    I really like your two 'doodles', and their colours. The first of the two is very interesting - it's like a road map, a searching for the right way to go. It really says something.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such diverse work. I think JC is well done and your doodles definitely brought me to a happy place! Happy PPF!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. isn't it something how our artwork usually feels somewhat like we do at the time. Your portrait is intense , and then you show the happy play-fab art!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not surprised Coltrane is a fave of yours- I've actually worked on transcribing Giant Steps in the past. I'm a sax player and my eyes finally opened when I heard him play. Great stuff, Pauline.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how you always manage to make completely different art works and use all kinds of tools. I always like your work, because it's noticable that you draw "whatever the hell you feel like drawing", and that makes it great art in my eyes...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Coeur de Pirate! <3
    Also, I really loved that other post about loving the whole world, or not... especially the page you did about believing in angels which I think might need to go in your book... :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. He had a very serious expression , which I feel you captured so well!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Whoops, plump up his face a bit, he'll be fine, actually you have him, just a few adjustments. Love the music picture. Blessings, Janet PPF

    ReplyDelete