And those who were seen dancing
were thought to be insane
by those who could not hear the music.
- Friedrich Nietzschea bit of drawing from last night...
dry pastel on paper.
pastels are messy, but fun.
i love adding white to the tinted paper...
Then a bit of journaling in cooler colors...
Found the image in a magazine,
painted & wrote the rest.
then a bit of doodling
with micron pens and Sharpies.
(this girls' all over the place!)
Mark Twain was a wise man,
with sage advice.
I also believe our brains need trampling on now & then.
Some of the ways i trample on mine:
- reading books for more than just entertainment
- writing whatever comes to mind without thinking too much about it
- crossword puzzles or sudoku
- doodling or painting with no particular goal in mind
- avoiding TV, facebook, twitter - basically, bubble gum for the brain.
- going out in nature & pondering a leaf. (yes, a leaf)
- watching TED talks
- learning what i can and sharing with others
And here's a little creature...
in the name of Halloween
and Illustrated Friday. ;-)
Wishing everyone a great weekend!