Monday, June 22, 2015

killing each other sucks

Right after my last post titled "art is my religion",
some fucking yahoo goes into a church in Charleston
and kills 9 innocent people who were praying at the time.
And the world goes round & round...
I am not a religious person,
but if you can't feel safe in a church,
where the hell CAN you feel safe?
The whole thing just makes me sad.
That so many lives are shattered
because one idiot racist decided
he didn't like the idea of black people praying for peace...
 ...a few quick sketches
Whenever I hear news like that,
my mind goes all over the place
and I have a hard time concentrating on one thing.
 ...and of course, i try to sketch how i feel.
 or how I wish things were.
And then i usually try to escape to my happy place,
about 10 minutes from my home.
Dramatic skies and blue ocean
always make me feel grounded again
and bring at least some sense
into my world.
i love when you can't see the line
between ocean and sky.
 ...and then these lovely little reflections in the water
 The setting sun always gives such beautiful light...
Cottages in the mist. :)

And this - Robin Williams' last performance
in a movie called BOULEVARD.
I can't wait to see it,
even if the trailer breaks my fucking heart.



1 comment:

  1. This must be particularly painful for you since it's so close to the anniversary of your own provinces tragic ordeal. Mental illness and guns can be a ruthless combination! So sad... no words can even explain it!

    Big Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete